Thursday, June 26, 2008

"You're kinda weird" - Stephen Baldwin referring to me

so there i was just this morning co-hosting The River 102.3 morning show with heather. in walks stephen baldwin, who i knew was coming in for an interview after me. he was there promoting an amazing event that's happening this saturday in austin with extreme sports and evangelism. 

though ashamed, i thankfully have only gotten star struck with sandra bullock. so i was excited i didn't get star struck with stephen. so i'm sitting there just chillin and letting him talk about the event, realizing i'm not cool enough to be a part of this particular radio experience. so, like a middle school shy girl, i sulked back to the corner of the room, letting him do his thang. 
i actually enjoyed spectating and watching everything. and stephen was totally nice and cool. very ecclectic and passionate! and he used my favorite word: "authenticity" so instantly i liked him. i mean, look at that face, how can you not like him? especially with that cute hate on.

we met and he was sweet and we got a picture together. normally i dont ask for pictures with famous people, but i couldnt resist. he's got that cool hollywood star pose. here's me trying to imitate the pose. i think i failed miserably. 
then randy phillips encourages me to give him a CD, which of course i didn't have. i stopped carrying CDs in my purse a long time ago. but i gave him a card and then heather told stephen about my showcase concert this friday night and he politely seemed interested. he even said he was going to try to come. to which my response was, "ya right, you have so many better things to do!" but the fact that he said he would try to come was cute and endearing. i can assure you stephen probably has better things to do than go to my concert! but who knows. stranger things have happened. c'mon stephen! if you come, i'll give you a free cd!
but here's where it gets good:

he leaves the studio and i realize he's left his energy shot drink. i thought, "well, i could run after him and give him his energy shot and risk him thinking i'm a crazy stalker fan... or i could just play the 'finders keepers losers weepers' game and keep the energy drink. who knows, maybe i can sell it on ebay?" in my lapse of judgement, i chose to take the energy shot and stick it in my lunch bag right next to my turkey wrap and peach. i stinkin' love peaches. i felt no remorse for stealing his energy drink... until... me and heather and jenny are laughing and having a good time and in walks mr. baldwin... looking for something.
desperately looking for something. i knew that "something" was deep down in my bag. 

i know exactly what he's looking for: his favorite energy drink shot. heather yells, "you're so busted!" thanks heather. and then i yelled out of sheer conviction "i stole your shot!" sweetly he forgives me and then offers it to me and i'm red as a stop sign at this point. i refuse the drink i just stole. he turns to me and says, "ya know, you're kinda weird. i like weird. i'm gonna come to your concert." i say, "ya right, i wont hold my breath stevo." well, i didn't call him stevo but i wanted to in retrospect. and he said, "ya wanna bet?" and i said "no, i dont want you to lose your money." we'll see :) but i wont be holding my breath. 

back to his comment: amen stephen about my weirdness. you hit the nail on the proverbial head. you are correct sir. i am weird. and i have this apparent problem of stealing from celebrities with the initials "SB". go back and check my blog about when i stole from sandra bullock.

maybe i'll make a trifecta out of it. who will be my third celebrity SB that i'll accidentally steal from? 

12 comments:

Kim said...

ummm... love your blog! how am i just now discovering it?! i will definitely be a frequent visitor from now on!

miss you and your weirdness sweet friend!!

Laura said...

You are so cool enough to hang!! I ordered your cd off your website a coupla days ago, and can't wait to get it. Still haven't emailed about the new "Compassion Song" you sang at SheSpeaks yet, though. All in good time...

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

We love SB around here, ever since we first saw him in the Mole several years ago! You're one blessed chick to meet so many famous people. I feel blessed to have me you. You're famous enough for me and you make my Jesus look famous through your passionate worship.

Keep us all posted on your comings and goings. I'll be checking in from time to time to see where you're going to be.

peace~elaine

Melissa. said...

How about... Santa Barbara? It's a place, but you could pay a show there because It's only 2 hours from me.
Or, settle for Shane Bernard. Who is Married to Bethany Dillon. Open for them! Or, they could open for YOU. Thanks for the blog! :)

Amy Jo said...

Lindsey - Just got done spending the weekend with you at She Speaks! Thanks for blessing all of us women. I bought 3 cd's...2 to share with friends. I would love to see you put out a "live in concert" CD next (hint!) You're story about Steven is too, too funny! I hope he makes it to your concert. BTW - PLEASE don't go back to teaching...you're too gifted with music, Girl! Blessings, Amy in OR

Lindsey Kane said...

welp, stevo didn't come, as i knew he wouldn't, but the concert was so stinkin fun!

glad the blog made y'all laugh.

and yes, i would love to come to santa barbara and maybe steal a leaf or something from the city... and all i would steal from shane would be time with his wife, who is a dear friend! what a great couple.

amy jo, i'll work on that live cd album. i've been wanting to do that for some time now! and i'd love to sing in OR! lemme know if you got any openings :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey, I, too, was at She Speaks and I bought a CD that you signed for my daughter. Thank you, she loved it! She thought it was especially cool that you signed it.

Every Sunday on my blog I post a worship song and call it "Worship Song Sunday". Just wanted to let you know that I am posting one of your songs tomorrow! Blessings!

BobbyandShanna said...

I love me some LK!

Fiddledeedee said...

I wanted to stop you last week at She Speaks and tell you what a blessing your music was to me! But I didn't. Because I'm a procrastinator. So I'm telling you now. You are adorable. And your music was and is a blessing to me!

Darla said...

hi lindsey. this is sooo cool. your blog that is. stephen baldwin was at rockfest here in snyder last year as the speaker. i love what your doing. keep it up. if you are ever interested in joining the rockfest one summer, let me know. there were a few thousand people here this year, mostly teens and a few hundred salvations. its a great day of ministry. ttyl.

TallGal said...

Gyahh, can no one come up with an SB person she can steal from??? You people are too GOOD!!
Comedienne Sandra Bernhardt,
Presidential candidate Sam Brownback, Actress Saffron Burrows (Circle of Friends, Boston Legal), actor Steven Bauer, actress Selma Blair (Legally Blonde), Sonny Bono (sorry, too late...), Sin Bad (okay, that is a stretch...), Boz Scaggs, Brooke Shields, Streisand, Barbra???
I think you have a chance at the trifecta...:)

Heather
p.s. you're welcome!

Katie Nieder said...

lindsey - i am so glad i discovered your blog! this post is HILARIOUS! such a great story. now i need to find/read the sandra bullock one. hope you're doing wonderfully :)