Saturday, April 5, 2008

The most interesting thing I've ever signed...

so there i was at the clyde football field in clyde, tx.... or as clyde-ites refer to it: clyde, america. i love this little town and i so loved singing for a city-wide benefit concert, raising money for an awesome ministry. more on that later. but the real reason i had to blog today is to share with you a definite "first" in my travels.

after the concert i was hanging out by the merchandise table, which i love to do because i get to meet some of the most amazing people, and a gentleman walked up to me. i already had a good feeling about this guy because he bought me a frito pie and red gatorade (which was awesome, and what better is there to ingest in clyde america really?)

so anyway, he started telling me how he wanted to hold his leg up in the air during my rap. i was, of course, confused, but i kept listening out of sheer curiosity. and then he proceeded with this question: "will you sign my leg?" and i thought, sure! i had been asked to sign weirder things, so i really thought nothing of it.

until, of course, he snapped his leg off. literally. 

at first, i was startled and then i realized, OH... lindsey, chill, it's a fake leg! then ensued one of the funniest moments on the road thus far: he snapped off his leg, took it out from below his jeans, and held it up to me. initially i was unsure which part to sign, but luckily he pointed me in the right direction. i took out my red sharpee and put my john hancock on his prosthetic leg. 

needless to say, it was awesome. i never got to hear the story behind his leg but hopefully someday i'll get to hear it because he seemed like an awesome dude! 

thank you clyde america for your frito pies, your red gatorades, and your citizens with real and prosthletic legs. 

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh WOW! You handled that GREAT!

Then again...the was a frito pie...YUM!!! Luv me some fritos...especially the BBQ ones!

: )

Jenn said...

I mean...THERE was frito pie....

Can you tell I am sitting here with the flu...both of my comments today have grammatical errors...

slleeeeeeppppy and ready to be feelin better. lol. you'll probably figure out what i was trying to say in both comments...lol!

Emmychka said...

Hey Lindsey! I read your blog religiously...okay not like that hardcore, but pretty regular. Love it.

Anyway, I TAGGED you HERE so check it out and see what I mean.

Stacey said...

Linds.that's awesome!!!! I would've loved to have seen that.......
I have a funny story for you too!!! When I was on the river in TN, someone fell out of the boat.they got them back in and then realized that one of their legs was still stuck in the hydraulic!!! Crazy...
I cannot imagine signing someone's leg........what part did you sign? I would've gone for the knee!!!!!

love ya miss ya grrrrrrrrrrl - Stacey A