Saturday, May 24, 2008

tag fetish

this is going to be completely random and probably extremely non-applicable to your life, but because i joined the blog world, i have to blog about what i'm thinking, however random and potentially uninteresting it might be. having said that, here's what i've been thinking.

so there i was last night at a concert and i was completely distracted by a lady two rows in front of me who was doing something, unbeknownst to her, that was completely stressing me out. i know it's probably no big deal to the rest of the world, but to me, it's always been an issue.

the tag was sticking out of her shirt.

oh big deal! you might say. and i know, it's silly. kinda like the metal on metal thing. but i have this obsessive compulsive desire to go and put the tag back into the shirt, though she's clearly a stranger and would think i was nuts.

can anyone else relate? 

and then i was sitting there wondering, will someone please put the woman's tag back in her shirt. and then i though, what if i did? what would her response be? what would my response be if someone did that. i would probably say thank you.

so, yes, i've always had a thing for tags. my parents remind me that when i was little, i was obsessed with the tags on stuffed animals. i didn't really even care about the stuffed thing. i wanted the tag. i wonder what it is about a tag that is so appealing to me.

just had to share... i hear it helps to get things out. 

and i was laughing with a friend the other day about how somehow there always seems to be a  spiritual application with strange things that happen to me or go on in my brain, but not this time! nope, no spiritual application here! just another weird quirk. 

5 comments:

CASEY said...

Since I already knew about your tag fetish, I knew where this post was going. I had to read to the end though because I wanted to know your spiritual application. Call me. . . I've got several applications that might work for you on tihs one.

And for the record, yes, I can relate. There have been MANY times where I have wanted to help a stranger but have shyed away from the idea. Probably a good idea for both of us.

Melissa. said...

Did you collect Beanie Babies? I bet if you did you had the little tag-protectors like I did. 'They'll be worth millions!"
The other day at work I ran this guy's VISA and it was the Ty Design. Beanie's everywhere!! Ahhhh!!!
Application: Sometimes we get so excited about the tags that we never appreciate the things that are meant to prove fun and useful. Don't play with the beanies. Just protect the tags.
BAM. Application.

Diana the drumbunny said...

Lindsey,
If you didn't have quirks you wouldn't be Lindsey whom we love so much. Your quirks are pretty funny though. I promise to not ever give you a sandwich with mayo in it, and to keep my tags tucked in nicely.
love you !!
the bunny who drums

Papa Steve said...

This reminds me of the story of the guy who shows up to work on Monday with two black eyes. His co-workers ask him how it happened, and he says "At church". When pressed for details he tells them that a woman in the row in front of him stood up to sing, and he noticed her skirt had ridden up and given her a wedgie, so he reached over and pulled it for her. She turned and hit him with the hymnal. "and that blacked both eyes?" they asked. "No", he replied,"but she was so upset I put it back."

TallGal said...

Don't feel weird. I would totally have gone over there and tucked the tag in for her. I would have warned her I was going in (do not want black eyes!) but I would totally do it. My feeling is, if it were me, I would want someone to fix it for me--I obviously do not know about it--so I should fix it for someone else. Of course with my luck, it would be someone with sensory integration problems who had to keep the tag outside their shirt lest they be driven so insane they have to rip it off. The shirt, I mean. :)