Friday, January 30, 2009

100, yes 100 things you may or may not know (or want to know) about me

so there i was on facebook and i started doing the "25 things about me" note thingee. it inspired me to go for the gold and try 100. i can't imagine thinking of 100 things to write, but the challenge got the best of me. so here we go...

1. i constantly make mouth beats and i find myself singing all throughout the day regardless of if anyone else is watching or listening. i can't help it. and when i feel awkward singing, i whistle.

2. deep down, i really want to love yoga and pilates but i can't touch my toes. 

3. i was kicked out of dance class when i was little. and gymnastics. still can't do a backbend. they are so overrated in my opinion. who needs that in real life, really? 

4. if i could hang out with any animal for a day it would be a lion. a nice one that didn't want to eat me. some day i will blog about my amazing life-changing lion dream.

5. when i got my braces off in the 7th grade, i didn't smile for a week because i was embarrassed.

6. i want to go on the oprah show. not just attend. i want to be on it.


7. pad-see-ew is my favorite thai dish in the world. i dream about it at night.

8. i was almost killed by a manatee in the ocean when i was little. and when i say killed, i mean that it looked at me wrong and i got scared.


9. i trained for a triathlon in college and got sick 1 week before i was supposed to do it.

10. mean people stress me out. though i don't show it, i'm fairly sensitive and i wish everyone would be nice to each other. words can tear me apart like you wouldn't believe. 

11. i went to counseling for 2 years in college and it saved my life. i might even go back because i love it so much. everyone should go to counseling whether they think they need it or not.

12. i am a DVR junkie. i will not miss an episode of heroes, ugly betty, 24, private practice, grey's anatomy (don't judge me), the office, the bachelor, true beauty

13. i have an alter-ego named hershalee p. suggins who is a 68 year old african-american woman who is the secretary for a church with the longest name in the world

14. one of my least favorite things is what i like to call "purse crap" - the stuff that you unavoidably get under your fingernails when you're digging in your purse for something you know is in there but you can't find it in the black abyss 

15. my life long dream is to sing in all 50 states before i die. anyone live in north dakota and need a singer? email me.

16. i dislike the overuse of exclamation points though i'm guilty of it often

17. i don't cry often, but when i do cry, it's an ugly cry













18. when i was little i stole a bible from the dentist's office and i still have no idea why. i mean really, who steals a bible?

19. the one time i actually tried to change a tire, the car ended up falling off the jack and onto my arm

20. my middle school boyfriend shaved my initials in the back of his head for valentines day. i broke up with him a week later.

21. i have no fashion sense nor do i try to pretend like i do

22. i'm a pyromaniac

23. clowns terrify me











24. there are times in my life when i doubt God's goodness and sovereignty. but i'm so thankful that my doubts don't change the fact that He is good and sovereign

25. i hate the way my jeans fit when i dry them. but then i hate how they feel when i dont dry them. it's quite the quandary.

26. 90% of the clothes i own are from target

27. i'm a size 12 (on a good day) and proud of it. one time a lady in the music industry told me she'd sign me and make me famous if i lost 30 lbs.    no thanks.

28. i regrettably killed the hamster in my middle school science class because i gave him a bath. i never told anyone. until now. sorry mrs. rodgers

29. one time in college i wrote a song for my spanish final about a famous cello player named pablo casals. my spanish teacher yelled at me in front of the whole class saying i was a disgrace to the entire hispanic community and the country of Spain. she failed me. i thought the song was really good. it was to the tune of la cucaracha.


30. i strongly dislike the use of capital letters and punctuation in my writing, as you can probably gather from all my posts

31. i have an unhealthy fear of daddy longlegs because one time at summer camp, 3 trash bags full of them were poured on me for my birthday. now when i see one i have to go through mental steps to avoid paralysis and tears

32. i can't believe you're still reading this list. and i can't believe i'm still writing things on it. how will i get to 100?

33. 33 is my favorite number, besides 7 and 22

34. i think anyone who says they have all the right answers is possibly the wrongest person in the world

35. i threw a necklace at clay walker (the country star) when i attended his concert in high school. it hit him right in the face and he stopped his song to look down at me with disgust and confusion. i was chased out of the arena by the police

36. my favorite concert/ministry experience of all time was when i performed in a high-security women's prison in anchorage, alaska

37. the first song i ever wrote was when i was 8 and the lyrics were "how do i become a christian? how do i open my heart and let Him in? how do i become a christian? i just open my heart. and He'll come in." a week later i wrote a rap song about being the first white female 8 yr old rapper. my name would be "lil kane" and i would have a grill - i digress










38. it kills me when people judge me based on what they think they know about me

39. i went to a snoop dog concert many many years ago and dressed up in full-on ghetto garb. i immediately regretted that decision as soon as i walked into the venue. i was sure i would get jumped but luckily i made it out alive

40. when i was in high school, i wouldn't allow myself to go in for dinner until i had shot 50 free throws in a row

41. my goal in life is to make every single person who comes across my path feel special and know that they are loved by me and God. without condition. without an agenda.

42. i dream about what it would be like if we got back to matthew 25 christianity: when Jesus says "i was hungry and you gave me something to eat. i was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. when i was naked, you clothed me. i was in prison and you came to visit me. what you have done to the least of these, you have done to Me."

43. when i finally went to the doctor at age 21 to get tested for ADHD, he stared at me from above his glasses and said "this is the most severe case of undiagnosed and unmedicated ADHD i've ever seen in 30 years of practicing" 

44. i chew the pulp in my orange juice before i swallow. i've recently been informed that i chew ice cream as well.

45. my life changed when i was on a mountain top in missouri and i audibly heard God say "it's not your fault" - that set me free from guilt i'd been carrying for about a year. long story, i can't go into, but maybe someday i'll blog about that experience.

46. the other time i heard God audibly speak to me was when i was in the bathroom of a Luby's and i heard "I'm going to use you in a powerful way" i looked around the see who was talking to me. the restroom was unoccupied. 

47. i would rather be cold than hot any day. a beautiful day to me is a clear cool 50 degree day. i get grumpy when i'm hot.

48. i am obsessed with punctuality. i strive to always be on time. if you're 5 minutes early you're on time. if you're on time, you're late.

49. i hate when i put lotion on my hands and then can't turn off my bedside lamp to go to sleep

50. i'm only gonna do 50 for this post and i'll do another post with the last 50. i have to go get ready for a weekend DNOW event though so i have to stop. thanks for reading :) 
















6 comments:

Michelle :) said...

LOVED this. a lot of these made me LOL. snoop dogg get up? really? haha.

and I think you should put the 8 year old white girl rap song on your next album. Love ya, LK

To Have & Hold said...

haha! I love # 11. I totally just had a conversation with my mom about this the other day. While I've never been to counceling, I would love it too! Who doesnt like talking to someone...its like a live in journal! So awesome Lindsey Kane!
xoxo amber

Darla said...

i did this the other day, it was so much fun...i enjoyed reading yours, especially like the Luby's experience :D

Sonnet Alyse said...

I've always been afraid of clowns too. And my sister Lesson is terrified of daddy long legs!
I love the list and can't wait for the next one!

Nic Burleson said...

Lindsey,
Hey! Hope all is well. We all need to get together and hang out sometime...Anyway, two reasons for posting here: First - you are probably the only person (if not its a short list!) of people who have audibly heard God speak to them while in a Luby's bathroom. How awesome is that!?! And secondly, Steve from the River attends TCC, where Jo & I now serve. Great guy. I told him I knew you when your name came up in conversation the other day. His quote: 'That Lindsey Kane. She's the real deal. She gets it." We all need to know from time to time that our walk is actually seen and appreciated by others. Have a GREAT DAY!

Isabel said...

I popped onto your website tonight to see if you will be at She Speaks again -- I was beside myself with excitement. Lindsey, I only wish I could put into words what your music has meant to me the last few months, perhaps if we see each other there I will share it.

Anyway, loved your list. You're a hoot! #42...that's a beauitful thing to think about...touched my heart.

You're a blessing, girl!